What is Canine Massage?
It is deliberate and focused touching. It is intention + technique to promote healing. Canine massage is nonverbal communication. The power of touch is both spiritual and physical. Our dogs help reduce our stress, so isn’t it our duty/interest to reciprocate?
- Improves circulation
- Enhances immunity through increased lymph movement
- Increases range of motion and flexibility
- Lowers levels of muscle soreness
- Helps again or convalescing dogs feel more comfortable
- Benefits puppies and helps calm and socialize
- Speeds healing and recovery time
- Enhances muscle tone
- Massage promotes comfort, bonding, trust and emotional well being
- Improves athletic agility and coordination.
- Provides down time for service and working dogs
- Helps rescue dog’s transition in a new environment.
* Massage is never a replacement for standard veterinary medicine and care, but a complimentary and cooperative modality.
TINA MARIE RICHARDSON
Tina Marie is a certified professional dog trainer and a certified canine sports massage therapist through the Rocky Mountain School of Animal Acupressure and Massage. Along with being certified in Canine Therapeutic Massage as well as advanced sports massage therapy, she also holds certification in Aroma Therapy and Essential Oils for animals.
Initial 90 minute appointment @ New Dawn $50
Initial 90 minute appointment @ Your Home $55
1 HOUR @ New Dawn $40
1 HOUR @ Your Home $45
Canine Massage Workshops
This brand new 90 minute workshop, developed and guided by Tina Marie is your opportunity to learn about canine massage with some techniques that you can use to enhance your bond, enhance a sense of calmness, and harmonize the relationship (as we know an essential for the lifelong positive human-canine relationship).
This opportunity is restricted to 6 dog and handler teams. All dogs must be able to be in close proximity to other dogs and people, without issue. At New Dawn, we love our fearful and or reactive dogs but feel that dogs with concerns will be better suited for private sessions with our instructor.
When: Once a quarter on a Saturday at 11:00. Contact us for next workshop date. The cost is 40 for a working spot in the workshop.